Beasiswa UNSW PhD Student Completion Scholarships are designed to enable PhD students in the final stages of their candidature, who have not received any scholarship or other financial support during their candidature, to spend uninterrupted time (up to 6 months) to complete their thesis. Up to 5 scholarships, valued at approx. $10,000 each were made available via a competitive application process for successful completion in Semesters 1 and 2 2009.
Beasiswa ini diberikan bagi para mahasiswa strata doktoral/S3 yang ingin menyelesaikan tesis nya.
Duration and Funding
* Awards are available for six months
* Scholarships are tax-free and will be paid fortnightly in arrears to a value of half of the standard APA (ie approx $10,000)
To be eligible for consideration of the award of a completion scholarship, applicants must:
* not have previously held or be currently receiving any other scholarship (eg APA, APAI, EIPRS, Faculty or School scholarships) or any other form of financial support
* be a currently enrolled PhD student at UNSW
* enrol on a full-time basis in semester 2, 2009 (latest date for enrolment is 31 August 2009) and consistent with this enrolment status, work full-time on the thesis in semester 2, ie. devote 35-40 hours per week to candidature
* be in the writing-up stage and have completed their data collection or equivalent
* be able to complete their thesis in semester 2, 2009 and be able to submit their thesis for examination by no later than 31 March 2010
* have their applications supported by their supervisor and Postgraduate Coordinator confirming that the programme outline is realistic and expressing confidence that a submission by 31 March 2010 at the latest will be achieved
* have their application endorsed by the Head of School with an agreement that 50% of the scholarship will be repaid if the student fails to submit by 31 March 2010
Applicants must lodge the UNSW PhD Student Completion Scholarship Application Form providing the following information to the Graduate Research School:
Part 1: Applicant’s Information – including a completion plan which clearly outlines how the Scholarship will be used to finalise the PhD, including information on:
* the sections of research that have already been completed at the time of application;
* the chapters that are in draft or final form;
* work that remains to be done to complete the PhD in the 6 months;
* a timetable indicating how the Scholarship period will be used to bring the PhD to submission for examination.
Part 2: Statements of Support
* Statement of support from the applicant’s supervisor – commenting on the applicant’s completion plan and whether the scholarship period will provide adequate time to bring the PhD to submission for examination.
* Statement of support from the School Postgraduate Coordinator – commenting on the proposed completion plan, and the likelihood that the PhD will be completed by the end of the Scholarship period based on the information provided by the applicant and supervisor.
* Endorsement by the Head of School – commenting on the proposed completion plan and agreeing to repay 50% of the scholarship should the scholarship holder fail to submit by 31 March 2010.
Note: The applicant is responsible for ensuring completion of the relevant sections by the supervisor, Postgraduate Coordinator and Head of School and submitting the completed application to the Graduate Research School by the specified closing date.
Applications will be reviewed by an Assessment Committee comprising the Dean of Graduate Research and two Associate Deans for Research/Research Training from relevant Faculties.
Assessment will be based on the:
* quality of the application
* completion plan and the likelihood of the thesis being completed and submitted for examination by 31 March 2010
* statements of support and endorsement from the supervisor, Postgraduate Coordinator and Head of School
Successful applicants will be notified on 14 July 2009.
Conditions of the Scholarship
Successful applicants will be required to sign an acceptance form agreeing to the following:
* Successful applicants will be required to enrol full-time in semester 2, 2009 (latest date 31 August 2009).
* Leave of absence will not be available during semester 2 unless there are exceptional circumstances.
* During the term of the scholarship, progress must be monitored on a regular basis by the supervisor, in accordance with timelines outlined in the completion plan.
* Failure to make satisfactory progress in line with the timeline may result in the cessation of scholarship payments.
* Lodgement of a Notification Of Intention To Submit thesis form is required by 1 December 2009.
* Completion of a mid-Scholarship report on progress made by 1 December 2009. In this report applicants will need to document the progress made and indicate the timetable for submission by the thesis deadline date of 31 March 2010. The Supervisor will need to confirm the details indicated in the report by signing the form before it is returned to the Graduate Research School. Failure to submit the form by 1 December 2009 will result in immediate cessation of the Scholarship.
* Submission of the thesis for examination is required by 31 March 2010.
* Mon 1 June 2009: Applications open on GRS website
* Fri 3 July 2009: Applications close
* Tue 14 July 2009: Applicants notified of outcome
* Mon 31 Aug 2009: Latest date for acceptance of scholarship and enrolment FT for semester 1 2009
* Tue 1 Dec 2009: Notification of Intention to Submit form and mid-Scholarship report due
* Mon 31 Mar 2010: Last date to submit thesis for Semester 2 2009
Dominic Mooney, Project Officer, Graduate Research School
email: email@example.com or phone: 02 9385 6736 Monday to Friday
Incoming search terms for the article:
Related Informasi Beasiswa Scholarship:Carnegie Mellon University AusAID Scholarships
Carnegie Mellon University AusAID Scholarships Commencing January 2008 in Adelaide, Australia. Carnegie Mellon is a top ranking U.S. university. In 2006
2008 Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarships
The Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarship Program is a mean to groom Indonesiaâ€™s future business leaders. Sampoerna Foundation provides the
[beasiswa] [butuh info] Australia Visa
Baca informasi beasiswa di > http://www.milisbeasiswa.com > > > > __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has
2009 Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarships
Sampoerna Foundation is a professional philanthropic organization dedicated to improving the quality of and access to education in Indonesia. Sampoerna
Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) 2009
Pemerintah Australia melalui AusAID (the Australian Agency for International Development) menyediakan 300 beasiswa Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) 2009 untuk PNS,
Follow any responses to this entry when people search for scholarship australia (113), UNSW (97), PhD Scholarship (63), beasiswa australia 2010 (55), australia scholarship (55), phd scholarship 2010 (45), scholarship in australia (32), beasiswa australia (21), scholarship australia 2010 (19), beasiswa phd (19), beasiswa ke australia 2010 (15), beasiswa unsw (14), australian scholarship (13), scholarship pHd (12), ph.d scholarship 2010 (12), scholarship to australia (12), unsw australia (9), unsw scholarship (8), Australian scholarship 2010 (8), doctoral scholarship 2010 (7),
18 Responses to 'Beasiswa UNSW PhD Student Completion Scholarship Australia'
Leave a Reply
Informasikan Beasiswa Scholarship Anda