The Friedrich Nauman Foundation sees itself as the foundation for liberal politics in Germany. It is closely connected to the FPD party. The foundation has been sponsoring students at German universities since 1973, and also at universities of applied sciences since 1990.
Besides excellent academic achievements it also expects commitment to political and social issues and positive personal qualities such as reliability, motivation and decisiveness of its students.
The objective of sponsoring foreign students is that they return to their home countries after their examinations and put the knowledge they have gained to use in the interests of those countries. Approximately 50 foreign students are sponsored every year.
The following is expected of scholarship applicants:
- Giftedness: Not only above-average subject-specific aptitude, but also other specialised interests are evaluated.
- Personal qualities: These include reliability, motivation, decisiveness and a willingness to assume responsibility and actively contribute with oneâ€™s abilities to the further development of society.
- Liberal commitment to social and political issues: Activities in student administration, on higher education boards, in a liberal political party, in a political student organisation or in social institutions or associations are desirable.
Eligible to apply are foreign students after an academic intermediate exam (e.g. first Diplom, Bachelor), however not if they will shortly be completing their studies. Study visits abroad will not be sponsored.
Number of Scholarships approximately 50 foreign students are sponsored each year.
Sponsorships are initially awarded for one year. For concentrated studies extensions may be granted until the academic studies are completed.
* Scholarships are calculated according to the guidelines of the Federal Foreign Office.
* Support through liaison lecturers at the university location
* Scholarship holdersâ€™ workgroups and interdisciplinary seminars designed by scholarship holders
* Subject-specific summer academies
* A Germany-wide convention which elects a council of spokespersons
* Seminars on the history and pragmatics of German liberalism in connection with the Federal Conventions of the FDP
* Seminars on epistemology and time management
* Communication and personal development trainings
Scholarship Application Requirements
- Scientific aptitude,
- Sociopolitical commitment arising from a fundamentally liberal attitude
- Participation in seminars held by the Friedrich Naumann Foundation or liberal state foundations during the scholarship period
- Regular contact to liaison lecturers
- Examination completed within an acceptable period and with well above-average grades
- Applicants are to return to their home country after completing their examinations in order to use their newly gained knowledge to the advantage their own country
Scholarship Application Papers
Foreign applicants considered â€žBildungsinlÃ¤nderâ€œ as per Â§ 8 BAfÃ¶G must prove this in writing when requesting the application forms. The following questions must be answered in writing:
- At which German higher education institution is the applicant enrolled in which subject?
- In which subject-related semester is the applicant currently studying?
- Has the applicant already passed a German intermediate examination (e.g. first Diplom, Bachelor) or does he or she have a foreign certificate recognised as equivalent, translated into German?
A DIN A4 envelope prepaid with 1.44 euros must be included with the letter. Application forms will then be sent out to the applicants.
Application Deadline closing dates for applications are 31st May and 30th November each year.
Friedrich Naumann Foundation Contact Information
Herr Mohammad Shahpari
14482 Potsdam Germany
Phone: 0331 / 70 19-349
Fax: 0331 / 70 19-222
Incoming search terms for the article:
Related Informasi Beasiswa Scholarship:The Hitachi Scholarship Foundation 2008 for Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
The Hitachi Scholarship Foundation offers postgraduate scholarship awards to faculty members of the universities in Southeast Asian countries who intend
2009 Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarships
Sampoerna Foundation is a professional philanthropic organization dedicated to improving the quality of and access to education in Indonesia. Sampoerna
2008 Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarships
The Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarship Program is a mean to groom Indonesiaâ€™s future business leaders. Sampoerna Foundation provides the
Special Graduate Program on Engineering for Systems Innovation – The University of Tokyo
Graduate School of Engineering (Three Departments), The University of Tokyo, offer advanced study and research opportunities to foreign students in
Study Visits to Germany by Foreign Students
Group Visits to Germany by Foreign Students for Study Trips / Study Seminars and Practicals. The German Academic Exchange Service
Follow any responses to this entry when people search for study sponsorship (85), sponsorship for higher studies (68), study sponsorships (24), sponsorship for postgraduate studies (18), study sponsors (18), sponsorship for higher studies in uk (17), decisiveness (14), all (14), foundation (13), asmahan lagraoui (13), mohammad shahpari (13), sponsorship for studies (13), sponsors for studies (13), sponsorship for study (11), sponsorship to study (11), studies sponsorship (10), sponsorships for studies (10), Friedrich Naumann Foundation: Foreign Study Sponsorship (9), sponsor studies (9), sponsorship study (9),
48 Responses to 'Foreign Study Sponsorship from Friedrich Naumann Foundation'
Leave a Reply
Informasikan Beasiswa Scholarship Anda